Sunday, January 6, 2013

Foodie Love from Walla Walla


I am ashamed. This post is ridiculously late, but life in the past couple of months has proven more hectic than I expected.  Nonetheless, here it is: 

November's box came from Megan from Walla Walla, Washington.  You can find her lovely blog hereMegan asked me if I had any preferences. I told her that aside from being vegetarian, I love surprises. 





And surprised I was.  It never occurred to me that you could pack produce!   
Three kinds of Washington apples and an onion!  Pictures of these are lost on a chip somewhere in my house...which I will hopefully find later and post.  

The sweet onion went great with the turkey-less roast that I got from Trader Joe’s. 

And my first Thanksgiving turkey in years.  Best turkey I've ever had. ;)

Any time chocolate and popcorn get put together, I'm there.

 Walla Walla Sweet Onion Mustard. It's amazing on the caprese sandwiches I've been making.
 My uncle kept asking me if I had already taken pictures of these biscotti so that he could eat them.


 My family and I marveled over the crust on this bread.  It tasted so good with the spaghetti we had for dinner one night. :)  And the croutons were perfect on top of salad and dipped in a roasted garlic and butternut squash soup we devoured.



She also included some information about Walla Walla that makes me want to go up there and visit. :)
Thank you Megan! Every bit of it was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment