Friday, August 24, 2012

Death by Vinegar

 In Kobe, we got to meet with some old family friends. They took us to a beautiful tofu house for dinner. We were fascinated by the presentation of so many little dishes that were individually brought to our table.

One of the things that I found particularly interesting was their drink menu. It included a list of drinks that contain vinegar. I thought it sounded unusual, but lately I've been craving sour things, so I figured I needed to try it at least once.
The drink I got had fruit juice, sparkling water, and vinegar. I took a sip. "Not bad. You can taste the vinegar, but it's not overpowering."

My mom takes a sip and agrees. She also tells us that she's tried drinking vinegar before. Typical advice states that you mix the vinegar with a glass of juice or water.

My mom does not always follow advice or read directions, especially when she really should. She tells us that she just filled a big spoon with vinegar and tried to drink the vinegar. Straight, no chaser.

*PLEASE, do not try this at home. Seriously.

My mom says, "I couldn't breathe. I thought I was going to die. I kept thinking the whole time that this was how I was going to go. Death by vinegar."

No comments:

Post a Comment