Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cabo

Mom and I went to Cabo about 2 years ago.  Let's just say it wasn't exactly how I imagined my first trip to Cabo.
When you stay at an all-inclusive resort that means 4 kinds of alcohol at the ready in your room, you don't really expect to be there with your mom. However, we made the best of it; we tried to spend time with family of a similar age and also carving out some time together.
It's common knowledge that mom and I don't share the same sleep patterns. Waking up early on my part typically means I'm incurring a crazy amount of sleep debt.

I love breakfast, but as a former insomniac, sleep takes precedence over food almost any day.  Unfortunately, my mom doesn't like eating alone.  So every morning she would wake me up between 6:30 and 7:00 AM for breakfast. Since the average bedtime for my generation during this trip was between 2:00 and 4:00 AM, I respectfully declined breakfast.  Mom took this to mean that I just needed 10 more minutes.
So, ten minutes later. She tried again.
And after a while, she just decided to dump the entire contents of her luggage on the bed.

On top of me.

So...  I woke up. "Oh good! You're awake. Wanna go for a walk on the beach?"

No comments:

Post a Comment